Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hardware and Software Requirements For Making Websites

A little while ago my old laptop needed replacing, it was over 3 years old and the battery had a 10 minute charge life and the charger needed to be replaced. A quick visit to eBay and for less than $500 Australian a new Toshiba laptop was delivered.

About the same time I visited a friend who had spent over $1,500 Australian on a laptop from a large electrical retailer. My friend mainly uses the laptop to check emails and create simple word documents; I was thinking that maybe a $1,500 laptop was extravagant to their needs.

As a web page designer and article writer I feel that my $500 laptop completes my tasks with complete ease.

Most visitors to my Making Website Blog are beginning their learning path; my blog covers information in regards to content, domain names, web hosting and SEO. I though why computer hardware and software shouldn’t be covered to, after all it is what is use to browse, compose and submit our work.

As you can see I don't think bigger is better, the $500 laptop has Vista as the operating system, 2GB of ram, 160GB of Hard Drive and the CPU is a Celeron 2.2Ghz. The tasks that this laptop needs to undertake are, web browsing of course, simple picture editing (cropping, resizing and compressing for the web), text editing and when I just want to be slack, my favorite game.

Now you know what hardware I use for my web design, I will now run through of my list essential software;

· Web browsers - IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. So we can check that the page views ok across a variety of platforms.

· Gimp - For my picture editing.

· Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Mainly used in text editing mode, and I like the site manager.

· Xampp - Xampp creates a server on my PC so I can create a full working page so it can be tested before I upload

· Fireftp - A Firefox plugin to transfer files.

· And the last an most used software is windows notepad - I am using it now as I am writing this article. My Blog and EzineArticles have a feature where I can copy and paste text in to the "new post" form.

The above are my choices for hardware and software, some of you may like to use a desktop machine and would prefer to use a graphical interface to create your pages. I would like to know, and I assume that some the readers of my blog would be interested what you use.

Micronet Dynamic system is a computer hardware and software solution company. We offer web developmentservices at very affordable prices. Contact us at mdsdelhi.com.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4086638

No comments:

Post a Comment